For the telematic performance I am in a group of four people:
Ollie and myself
We first came together and thought of ideas but we all very basic. One idea of mine was to pretend that somebody took a photograph of us in a group and then one my one we each travel through a printer and then we lay out flat and build up the image in a different position. But this did not really fit the theme.
Vicky then came up with the idea of one person folding paper up, then unfolding it and then drawing over the folded lines and the move to the next person and they do the same and so on and so on. But again this idea was just a starting position.
Next we were coming up with more basic idea as such things as big art attack to wearing light suits. But still these ideas weren’t really that great.
Vicky then came up with the idea of building up an image with the use of placing different cubes inside bigger cubes. We decided to go with three different size cubes, one would be built out of A3 paper then A2 and then A1, so that the two smaller one could fit inside the larger cube and the smallest could fit inside the second larger cube.
First of we thought of cutting out random shape out of the front of each cube and putting a different light inside each cube but we realised how difficult that would be, so we decided to use just one tough and cut the back away from each cube.
Also I said how it reminded me of Russian dolls, so we decided instead of cutting out random shapes we would cut out a Russian doll outline on each of the cubes, obliviously they would be different sizes on each cube, just like how a Russian doll fit into a different size doll each time.
We told Mike the idea and he liked it we just had to work on the image idea and what original image we would use.