Monthly Archives: November 2006

Telematic Performance (first build)

We all meet up on a Wednesday afternoon in Ollie’s place to build up practise cube to see how this idea would actually work.  We found some old cereal boxes and ready meal boxes to practise with.  I started to cut a shape out of the boxes whilst Vicky and Ollie started to draw out the nets of the cubes onto the card.  Once I had cut out the shape Kat placed in the acetate paper and shown the light from a mobile phone through the back of the box and a circle of colour appeared on the wall.  Then I placed different colour acetate other the circle and it changed colour and we started to realise that the different siluettes would not really shine through.

Kat and I started to think on how we could work around this and we came up with the idea of having one image of a Russian doll and spitting it up in three different parts.  The three different parts would then link with the three cubes, for example the largest cube would have the face design, the middle cube would have the body and the smallest cube would have the feet.  This way the image was still being built up into different parts in the Russian doll box effect.

Advertisements

Telematic Performance (buying equipmented needed)

Vicky, Ollie and I meet up to buy all the equipment needed to the performance today, we bought different colour acetate paper, the acetate was to be stuck over the Russian doll cut outs in each of the cube so that colour would appear in the end image.  Also this will help see which cube is reflecting what shape. 

We also brought double sided celotape to stick the cubes together and the acetate onto the card.

Finally we just needed the card to make the cube as all the other equipment such as scissors, CD pen and tough we already had ourselves.

Telematic Performance (first thoughts)

For the telematic performance I am in a group of four people:

Kat

Vicky

Ollie and myself

We first came together and thought of ideas but we all very basic.  One idea of mine was to pretend that somebody took a photograph of us in a group and then one my one we each travel through a printer and then we lay out flat and build up the image in a different position.  But this did not really fit the theme.

Vicky then came up with the idea of one person folding paper up, then unfolding it and then drawing over the folded lines and the move to the next person and they do the same and so on and so on.  But again this idea was just a starting position.

Next we were coming up with more basic idea as such things as big art attack to wearing light suits.  But still these ideas weren’t really that great.

Vicky then came up with the idea of building up an image with the use of placing different cubes inside bigger cubes.  We decided to go with three different size cubes, one would be built out of A3 paper then A2 and then A1, so that the two smaller one could fit inside the larger cube and the smallest could fit inside the second larger cube.

First of we thought of cutting out random shape out of the front of each cube and putting a different light inside each cube but we realised how difficult that would be, so we decided to use just one tough and cut the back away from each cube. 

Also I said how it reminded me of Russian dolls, so we decided instead of cutting out random shapes we would cut out a Russian doll outline on each of the cubes, obliviously they would be different sizes on each cube, just like how a Russian doll fit into a different size doll each time.

We told Mike the idea and he liked it we just had to work on the image idea and what original image we would use.